Saturday 18 October 2008

Canadia!

Ah, back home again. Always good to be back in Perth County. Everytime I come back, there's something new to enjoy. Stratford has obtained two sushi restaurants, and St. Marys has a new pub with a hardwood floor, stone walls, and Fuller's ESB. And a television, unfortunately - oh, and the ESB is cold and not on a handpump. Still, it's one of the closest Canada has come to an all-star pub, and it's in my backyard. I'll take it.

And I'm doing what I usually do at home - nothing. Wandering around the county aimlessly. Reading old books. Feeding the woodstove. Watching the downfall of capitalism on Reuters. Good times.

The arm is slowly becoming usable again. I dropped the sling a few weeks ago, and did a bit of tentative cycling before I left Cambridge. I tried a pushup two days ago, though, and the arm gave me a jolt of agony that indicated I was taking things a bit quickly. So no gym for me yet. Which is a shame, because I always eat like a pig when I get home. It's a vicious cycle of sedentary life and food. I'm going out for a token jog every day, but I don't think it's cutting it.

Oh, and I voted, too. I decided to vote Green. Not because I'm environmentalist, really - I just like having multiple parties in Parliament. When you only have two choices, the Sarah Palins tend to pop up, I believe. And when you only have one choice, the Zuma's pop up.

But really, that's all I have to talk about. This is the calm before the Antarctic party begins again. Five weeks!

No comments: